Friday, September 14, 2007

Prensky's Article

At first the article seemed as if it was a spoof but as I read, I realized they meant it. I can see how many of the habits of success come from the individual gamer skills. Being proactive, thinking of the end product as a way to solve a problem and analyzing by putting things in order of importance are great skills learned through gaming. The group skills also are understandably gained through gaming. But my biggest problem in this article is "sharpen the saw". Covey states that gamers continuously improve their skills better than anyone else. What about our athletes or military? They are physically challenged daily and continue to work on their skills through drill, videos and practices. I believe that the split second decisions an athlete or military person has to make can never be compared to the gamer who can push the "pause" button when it going gets too tough.

No comments: